Effective Date: May 1, 2018
Cancer Center (“CancerCenter”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is aware of our users’ concerns about their privacy when visiting our Platform and online resources.
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
What Information Does the Platform Collect?
Personal Information and Demographic Information
When you visit the Platform, we may collect or ask you to provide us with:
- information that can be used to identify you personally, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, home address, social security or taxpayer ID number, date of birth, and/or banking information („Personal Information”);
- demographic information, such as information about your gender, education level, employer, and occupation (including applicable educational and professional credentials) (“Demographic Information”).
Platform Usage Information
When you visit the Platform, we and our service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect or store certain information („Platform Usage Information”) related to your activities on the Platform. Platform Usage Information may include:
- your IP address or other unique identifier;
- your device functionality (e.g., browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to the Platform;
- the areas within the Platform that you visit and your activities there;
- your device location and characteristics; and
- certain other device data, including the time of day and other information.
We and our service providers may use a variety of technologies to collect or store Platform Usage Information. These technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your device. These technologies may include, without limitation, cookies, tracking pixels, embedded scripts or similar technologies.
Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data stored and managed by your web browser that enable certain Platform features and functionality. Cookies and similar technologies can be used to recognize you and your device when you visit the Platform, remember your preferences, and make your interactions with the Platform faster and more secure. Cookies are a built-in feature of the Web, but they can generally be managed, disabled, or removed using most commercial web browsers. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options for cookies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your device, some parts of the Platform may not function properly, and that when you revisit our Platform your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org or aboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. At this time, we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
Third Party Service Providers
Third party service providers may use the above technologies with the Platform and may collect information about you, including Personal Information, without notice to you.
Interactions with Third Party Sites
The Platform does not offer products or services to children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13. We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a person younger than the age of thirteen 13.
How do we use the Information Collected?
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information and/or Platform Usage Information:
- to qualify you for programs and projects you may be eligible to participate in;
- to determine the demographic makeup of program and project participants, and report these findings to our partners and customers;
- to process your registration with the Platform, including verifying your information (including your educational and professional credentials) is active and valid;
- to process transactions or other payments you have requested or agreed to, including through various third party services;
- to respond to your inquiries and personalize your experience on the Platform (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to improve the Platform (we continually strive to improve the Platform based on the information and feedback we receive from you) or our products and services;
- to help us understand the demographics of visitors to the Platform;
- to provide you with information about products, services, changes to the Platform and/or our policies, and other information you may request;
- to solicit information from you, manage your account and process payment transactions;
- for internal business purposes;
- to audit use of the Platform;
- to contact you in connection with your use of the Platform; and
Where you have provided us with Personal Information or Demographic Information as part of an online application to provide services for us, we may use that information in order to allow us to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with your application. We may, as part of this recruitment process, collect information about your education, employment history and similar matters. Where this Personal Information or Demographic Information is considered to be sensitive, you expressly consent to our processing of this information for recruitment purposes by submitting it to us. However, we will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone.
Sharing of Personal Information With Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with third parties under various circumstances, including as described in more detail below. We do not, however, share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
When You Request Information From or Provide Information to Third Parties
You may be presented with an option on the Platform to receive certain information directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. In these instances, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to third parties and all the information you disclose will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their tracking technologies, content, tools, apps, or ads on the Platform or link to them from our posting or content sharing tools. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and therefore you should review their privacy policies prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
Customers and Third Parties Who Perform Services on Our Behalf
We may share Personal Information with our partners and customers in connection with the programs and projects that you may be eligible for or participate in. We may also share Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. This includes, without limitation, third parties that: host the Platform; operate certain functions or features of the Platform; archive data; send communications; analyze data; and provide other services or functions on our behalf, including payment processing, business analytics, credential verification services, customer service, marketing, employment or hiring-related activities, data security functions, and fraud prevention.
Affiliates, Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
We may share Personal Information, Demographic Information and Platform Usage Information with our affiliates and in connection with a merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our ownership interests and/or assets, or other corporate change.
Administrative and Legal Reasons
We may also disclose and transfer Personal Information to third parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of CancerCenter, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Sharing of Non-Personal Information
We may also share non-personally identifiable information, such as Platform Usage Information, aggregated user statistics, and anonymous information derived from Personal Information (such as de-identified user information), with third parties for any purpose.
Third Party Content and Links on the Platform
The Platform may contain content that is supplied by third parties and those third parties may collect Platform Usage Information when pages from the Platforms are served to you. In addition, when you are on the Platform you may be directed to other sites operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices used by any of these third parties or their sites. We encourage you to note when you leave the Platform and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party locations and exercise caution in connection with them.
Your Access To and Control Over Personal Information
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. The Platform may allow you to review, modify, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Platform’s settings interface or otherwise, and you may provide registration updates and changes by contacting us at the email address or phone number below. At any time, you may also contact us at the email address or phone number below to ask that we remove your name, contact information, and email address from our databases. We will make good faith efforts to make any requested changes or removals in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your Personal Information, information that you remove may persist internally for our administrative purposes. Note that if you request us to delete or remove any data, you may be unable to use certain features of the Platform or to communicate with us via the Platform. Further, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. All communications between our servers is encrypted in transit, and we take measures to protect the integrity of our servers and the data they collect, including but not limited to firewalls, access control lists, logging and monitoring, network isolation, and a variety of host hardening techniques.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Please consider this prior to submitting Personal Information to us via the Platform.
Platform Operated in the United States
Contact Us; Questions
Cancer Center Sp. z o.o.
53-610 Wroclaw, Poland